Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympic Weirdness

I hate the women's gymnastics floor routines. They remind me of poorly choreographed and poorly executed dances.

But tonight, for one single, solitary moment, they had my rapt attention.

There is a Russian gymnast named Anna Pavlova.

For those of you uneducated, Anna Pavlova was one of the greatest principal dancers of all time. She was most famous for her signature dance, The Dying Swan. (Which, by the meandering way, is danced to Le Cygne, the thirteenth movement of The Carnival of Animals, a Saint-Saens piece. I love Saint-Saens and that piece especially. "The Dying Swan" is also a poem by Tennyson, whom I also enjoy tremendously.)


Freaky much?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scary!

v.v

At any rate, I wish I could watch the Olympics, but life without cable is a bit of a bummer sometimes. *mutter*

But as to your comment regarding vampires. Yes, vampires can fight in sunglasses, and they do frequently. However, it's a bit hard to do so when they aren't invented yet. v.v I suppose I could have elaborated on that a bit more. *nod*
Thanks for commenting I appreciate it.
Vampires have a really keen sense of sight, and blindfolds are somewhat translucent at times, you know? So, a black blindfold would cut down on the light, and the vampire would be able to see through it somewhat.
And vampires do have some sort of sonar...it's just not as convenient as a bat's, because of the intense screaming involved. *shrug*

- Ian