Friday, August 8, 2008

Ahh! Demon iPod!

I love my iPod. I really, really do. But I swear it has a mind of its own. I think it's possessed or atleast has a keen interest in BritRock, oldies, and weird alternative music. Every single time I put it on shuffle, it plays nothing but Radiohead. Oasis. The Verve. Travis. The Beach Boys. The Beatles. Aretha Franklin. Stevie Wonder. The Shins. The Mars Volta.

Speaking of whom, I completely adore The Mars Volta. I started listening to them a little over a year ago, when I first read Scar Tissue (which is a fabulous book, by the meandering way). I iked them a bit, so I bought a bunch of their albums. I wasn't too enchanted by a lot of the weirdness. It seemed like major overkill. And trust me, you haven't heard weird music until you've heard M.I.A. and The Mars Volta. (God, what would they be like on stage together? I can only wonder...and shudder at the images my overactived, overstimulated cranial lobes create.) Anyhow, since my iPod seems to have the free will that Calvinists argue man lacks, it's been playing a lot of The Mars Volta lately. And I've been enjoying it tremendously.

Go buy "The Bedlam in Goliath." It's fab.

1 comment:

to touch the stars said...

You have...odd music tastes. Just so you know. Better then most people our age though.
^_^