Monday, June 9, 2008

Work in Progress

So I'm working on a song about a friend and me. The music is coming along nicely, but here's the lyrics I have down so far. I'm going to scrap and rewrite and stuff. I promise.

Moonbeams and Shadows

And you said, "I'll drive you to the moon
'Cause you're too old, too old for fantasies."
And someday, someday you'll get the best of me.
And you said, "The day is coming soon
When life will, life will break our reveries;
Life will be just memories."

And there are shadows on your face
Breaking into my space
Hard look, wrong time, wrong place;
Right now, right here, black trace.
Don't leave me less than amazed
Don't leave a bitter taste.

If there's one in the world, and you're in my hand
C'mon, child, don't act or pretend;
Stop flailing your arms, just reach out your hand
Grab onto mine--yes, that's the plan.
Get in the car and park in the trees;
Don't you dare go--don't want you to leave.




2 comments:

to touch the stars said...

I love...the last 4 lines. And the first stanza entirely. But yes, very nice. ^_^ Looking forward to more.

The "don't leave me less then amazed/don't leave a bitter taste" I 'm not sure a fan of. But it's cool that you used the alliteration here...all of the hard a sounds in this stanza. *nod* And the grammar/ punctuation works nicely too.

Anonymous said...

you're good.