Monday, June 16, 2008

Recovery

I've finally recovered enough to blog about my traumatic experience in my hometown of NYC.

Saturday morning I was washing cars for a Philly/Burkina Faso trip fundraiser. My mom called me and asked if I was still interested in going to my best friend's graduation in the city. I said,"Sure thing!"
Half an hour later we were on our way. WE made amazing time on the NJ Turnpike; it took us only an hour and a half to get from PA to Brooklyn. But then everything took a disastrous turn for the worse.

The Belt Parkway was backed up for miles, and the news station said absolutely nothing about it. We got off and tried driving down Ocean AVe. , but THAT was a zoo, too. Eastern Parkway was horrendous, and the Grand Central was hell on earth. My dad refused to put the AC on, and it was humid beyond humid. I had to change in the backseat of the car....and I still missed Teressa's ceremony. I made it to Jessica and Richie's, but the trouble wasn't over....

It started to storm. hail, thunder, lightening, torrential rain, you name it. I got soaked...and I was wearing a white skirt.

It was the worst trip of my life.

1 comment:

Floyd said...

Hey, Famous Blue Raincoat is an amazing song.. great choice of a blog name.