Monday, June 16, 2008

Sweet Dreams Are Made of This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6n5Oi4714o

I feel like I should clarify some stuff about my last post. Watch this video--it answers a lot of the questions I expect from people.

Manson is surprisingly well-spoken and very, very intelligent. He's writing and directing a film about Lewis Carroll, and he is so well-read. And yes, he has a normal voice. xD He's not a Satanist, either. Truth is, he had a poor experience with Christians growing up: a lot of hypocrisy, religion, and doomsday stuff. (They made him watch A Thief in the Night in grade school. I'm pretty sure that constitutes torture.) He's a fantastic painter and writer. He has a fabulous relationship with his parents. He knows what's wrong with our culture, and he speaks up about it. He doesn't use a lot of profanity when he speaks. He's also hysterically funny.

Basically, I don't think he's as horrible as most people make him out to be. He's probably nicer than most believers I know. Which is so depressing.

Anyhow. More later.

No comments: