Thursday, June 26, 2008

Face Paint and the Grammar Nazi

I love how every summer, the same rumor starts to circulate.
It's compounded now by my popularity amongst local students. (I have groupies, and it's scary.)

FYI, I'm still single. And so is he. And we plan to stay that way.
But I learned that he loves to write and is a Grammar Nazi like me.

So today the SC handed down a ruling that made me smile. They ruled against the 32-year-old ban on gun ownership in D.C., among other things. They declared the Second Amendment to be somewhat untouchable when it comes to legislation. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Of course, we shouldn't be putting guns in the hands of criminals and psychopaths, but everyday citizens have the explicit constitutional right to bear arms. And don't give me any of that "But it's a living and breathing document!" crap. Words do not change. The need for self-defense does not change, either.

I'm proud of you, Scalia. So proud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"FYI, I'm still single. And so is he. And we plan to stay that way.
But I learned that he loves to write and is a Grammar Nazi like me."

I would just like to point out that it should be: "But I learned that he loves to write and is a Grammar Nazi like I."

^_~

Just messin' with ya.

<33
Lizzie