Tuesday, July 1, 2008

More Lame Poetry

I suck at writing, but here's my latest. I hate the chorus part, but it'll have to do for now. I hate the whole thing, actually.

Hero Tonight

It’s dark and the streetlights are burning, burning out
It’s cold and your eyes are screaming, screaming loud
Screaming for someone to hear
But they’re closing their ears.

Maybe it’s fate that I’m with you now
But probably it’s something else
And there’s a question searing a hole in my heart
So much to say, and I don’t know where to start.

Can I be your hero tonight?
Can I be the one to rescue you?
Can I be your hero tonight, love?
Even though I don’t know what to do?

Well, damn the world; they’re lying, lying to you
And damn the one who played you, played you for a fool
Played you like a hand of cards
Stole your breath and took your heart.

Maybe it’s fate that I’m with you now
But probably it’s something else
Ask the questions, I’ll answer them all
Dig the tunnel; scale the wall.

Can I be your hero tonight?
Can I be the one to rescue you?
Can I be your hero tonight, love?
Even though I don’t know what to do?

And you don’t believe in coincidences
I’m coming closer to that end, too
Because it wasn’t just chance that you met me
I was meant to be a hero to you.

2 comments:

to touch the stars said...

I like it, the rhyme is good and such. And the last stanza...I can really relate with a certain someone.

The chorus is nice, and yes, it's rather lovely.

Midnight said...

This is a very nice song. I like it a lot. Really, if you ever don't like it or think it's good, think again. *clappeth* =]

{And no, I'm not a random person. I just usually check out people's blogs if they comment on the blog of someone I know}